Saturday, May 23, 2015

Tomorrowland














I had a lot of high hopes for Writer/Producer/Director Brad Bird’s Tomorrowland, but I was, initially, frightened by the cutish opening sequences.  They were too Disney. Everything was too neat and clean. 
But thanks to the engaging Britt Robertson as the can-do main character and the absolutely adorable Raffey Cassidy as an amazing A.I., things picked up considerably and, when Georg Clooney entered the action, the film got better and better until, I must admit, I choked up at the lovely conclusion.

It’s a story about optimism versus pessimism and a call for creating a new type of society before humanity destroys the Earth.  

Production Designer Scott Chambliss has created a fabulous view of the potential future and created intricacies of the Eiffel Tower that will surprise even the most jaded audience members. 
 



I give Tomorrowland a 4 out of 5. 

No comments:

Post a Comment