Monday, January 11, 2016

Room





 Director Lenny Abrahamson’s Room is one of those cinematic jewels that is virtually flawless.  It’s only problem is that the distributor of the film did not give it the support it needed to reach a wider audience base.


I, myself, had misconceptions about the plot that held me off from seeing it sooner, thinking it all took place in one room.  Spoiler alert, the film really clicks into gear after the room is vacated.  Had I known that and seen it sooner, my Must-See 12 would have been a baker’s dozen with Room included.
 

Writer Emma Donoghue crafted a taut script from her novel and Cinematographer Danny Cohen captured the essence of the confining room and the freedom of the outside world for the abducted young mother (Brie Larson) and her 5-year-old son (Jacob Tremblay), both of whom give wonderful performances.

I give Room a 4.7 out of 5. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment