Tuesday, October 18, 2016

The Girl on the Train









I have to confess that I was not a big fan of Paula Hawkins’ novel The Girl on the Train. I read a lot of thrillers and, as a fan of David Baldacci, Jo Nesbo, Steve Berry, James Rollins and John Verdon, I didn’t feel it stood up to their caliber of storytelling.




However, I did want to see what Screenwriter Erin Cressida Wilson and Director Tate Taylor would do with it.  And, I must say I was thoroughly delighted with the result.



With Cinematographer Charlotte Bruus Christensen’s images and the ace editing of Andrew Buckland and Michael McCusker, not to mention Emily Blunt’s brilliant performance, the film is a much better than the novel at telling of the story of an intensely depressed alcoholic, who envies the life she lost.



 The vociferous audience seemed to be in agreement with screams and yells in the right places.



I give The Girl on the Train a 4 out of 5.

No comments:

Post a Comment