Monday, July 9, 2018

Ant-Man and the Wasp










Director Peyton Reed’s Ant-Man and the Wasp is this year’s biggest surprise for me.  I was expecting little, but thanks to a brilliant script by Jumanji Writers Chris McKenna and Erik Sommers, as well as Actor Paul Rudd, this film is truly a joyful cinematic experience.
 
I must, also, herald Casting Director Sarah Finn for her outstanding selection of actors, including Rudd, Evangeline Lilly, Michael Douglas, Michelle Pfeiffer, Michael Peña,
Judy Greer, Walter Goggins, Bobby Cannavale, Hannah John-Kamen, Randall Park, Laurence Fishburn, David Dastmalchian, T.I. and Abby Ryder Fortson.  Each one, perfect for his/her role!

The story is about families, succeeding over time, with a strange love story about a “ghost” and a thrilling chase for an amazing invention thrown in.  All, excellently performed with extraordinary effects.

For Marvel fans, this is one of the few movies of the year worth seeing again.  And, I hadn’t planned on seeing it at all. 

I give Ant-Man and the Wasp a 4.9 out of 5.

No comments:

Post a Comment