Saturday, October 20, 2012

Paranormal Activity 4

I can accept any premises as long as the filmmaker sticks with the logic inherent in that premise.


Paranormal Activity 4 violates its premise of capturing the images of various rooms in a house by, for example, skipping from minute 1 to minute 3 without the intervening minute being shown.  Who edited it out?  Are we seeing the film after the fact?

 
 Well, no.  After keeping us in a semi-somnambular state for most of the film, the “Stupid Family” and “Dumb Boyfriend” are entirely killed off in the final 5 minutes by a witch and her coven, so who would have edited down the footage at the house?  The would-be filmmakers, I guess.

Usually, I don’t give out endings, but this is the first film I’ve seen in a long time that gets a 0; that’s zero out of 5 and I wouldn’t want anyone to waste money on buying a ticket.  Thankfully, I did not have to.


No comments:

Post a Comment