Friday, April 10, 2015

Ex Machina



Ex-cellent Machina says it all!  Writer/Director Alex Garland has hit a home run with this pleasant surprise.

I say “pleasant surprise,” because I did not really expect to see this film.  But, a change in plans gave me the opportunity.  Lucky me.

Everything about this film is right-on.  Oscar Isaac finally gets to show his true talent in Garland’s crackerjack script.  Domhnall Gleeson (About Time) is a superb counterpoint to Isaac.  And, Alicia Vikander…well, what can I say except… “Super!”

Cinematographer Rob Hardy captures the beauty of the local and Production Designer Mark Digby’s sets. Editor Mark Day put it together with fine precision, helped by Geoff Barrow’s and Ben Salisbury’s wonderful score.

The film takes on the subject of Artificial Intelligence and anyone who enjoyed Luc Besson’s Lucy or Spike Jonze’s Her has to see this interesting take on our possible future.

I give Ex Machina a 4+ out of 5.


No comments:

Post a Comment