Sunday, April 26, 2015

The Age of Adaline




A year ago, I saw a film that I rated the Most Underrated Film of 2014.  It was a magical, romantic film entitled Winter’s Tale.  This film did not do well, financially.  I think it had something to do with a poor marketing campaign.

I hope the equally romantic and magical The Age of Adaline by Director Lee Toland Krieger does not suffer the same fate. 

It is wonderful and I love this film.  
Written by J. Mills Goodloe and Salvador Paskowitz, the film moves, lyrically, telling the contemporary story of a woman born at the beginning of the 20th Century, whose aging process is halted at age 29, when she suffers an auto accident during the confluence of unusual weather/cosmic events. 

Blake Lively is perfectly cast and gives an outstanding performance as the woman who doesn’t age.  I can’t think of any living actress, who would be more suited to this role.

Initially pursued by government agents, who want to study her, Adaline lives her life in hiding, changing identities throughout the years.  Then, she meets Ellis (Michiel Huisman). 
If you’re jaded or unromantic, you will, probably, not enjoy this film, but, if you’re someone who believes in magic and in love being able to conquer time, you will love it as I do.

I give The Age of Adaline a 4+ out of 5.

No comments:

Post a Comment