Sunday, July 19, 2015

Ant-Man



Felix Culpa or Happy Fault is when something unexpectedly good happens.  
 
I confess I had not intended to see Director Peyton Reed’s Ant-Man.  After all, a previous film of his was one of the very few I had ever walked out of. However, circumstances forced me to “kill some time” and I elected to see this new work of his. It was a Felix Culpa.


As compared to films like Interstellar and Terminator Genisys, the writing team of Edgar Wright, Joe Cornish, Adam McKay and Paul Rudd made the conceit of shrinking objects and humans simple and easy to understand.  Press this, get smaller.  Press this, get bigger.  Nothing to think about.  We go with it.

And, not only is the film exciting with fine performances by Paul Rudd, Michael Douglas, Evangeline Lilly (except for her hair style), Corey Stoll, Judy Greer, Abby Ryder Fortson and Michael Peña, but it has some very funny moments, as well.
 
The film has appeal to young and old alike.  It’s way better than your average popcorn movie.

I give Ant-Man a 4+ out of 5.

No comments:

Post a Comment