Sunday, March 5, 2017

Before I Fall











Director Ry Russo-Young got together with Writers Maria Maggenti and Lauren Oliver to successfully deliver what has to considered a “chick-flic” entitled Before I Fall.
 
Starting out as a cross between Mean Girls and Groundhog Day, the film becomes more and more innovative as it moves along.
 
The story surrounds a clique of four high school girls, who have an auto accident with one (Zoey Deutch) reliving the day over and over until she understands the full meaning of that day and, ultimately, her life.

The point of the story may seem simple, but the unraveling brings the viewer to that point in a clearer and more meaningful way.


Though I went up and down as the plot unfolded, I was quite satisfied with the resolution. 

I think young women will especially like the film, but it is worthwhile to a wider audience, as well, especially because of the wonderful performance by Zoey Deutch.

I give Before I Fall a 3.9 out of 5.

No comments:

Post a Comment