Saturday, March 25, 2017

T2 Trainspotting












What I remember of Director Danny Boyle’s Trainspotting was its cinematic expression, its unique shots, its energy…not much of its story.
 
T2 Trainspotting covers the same characters 20 years later and it took quite a while for Writers John Hodge and Irvine Welsh to catch me up with who was who and what happened in the past.  And, all that while, I really didn’t care.

So, they were into drugs then and two still were.  One (Ewan McGregor) cheated the others (Steven Robertson, Ewen Bremner, Robert Carlyle) and, now wanted to get back in the good graces of two of the three others.  I didn’t care.

If it weren’t for the Bulgarian Woman (Anjela Nedyalkova)…I confess I have a thing for Bulgarian women…, I considered leaving at several points.

It’s not just that I couldn’t care what happened to these losers, I didn’t find anything new in Boyle’s style and felt sad that the film was even made.

 I can only give T2 Trainspotting a 3.3 out of 5.

No comments:

Post a Comment