Sunday, January 13, 2019

Vice




Initially, I wasn’t interested in seeing Writer/Director Adam McKay’s Vice because I see enough of DC trash on TV.  But, after Christian Bale received his Best Actor award at the Golden Globes, I felt impelled to see the story of the Grandfather of Trash. And, I’m glad I did.

Mckay’s script provides a unique blend of documentary and narrative styles and he has some of the finest actors in the business to carry it out.  Besides Bale, special mention has to be made to Amy Adams, who portrays the real life Lady Macbeth, egging on her husband’s evil.

Steve Carrell as the pernicious Donald Rumsfeld and Sam Rockwell as George W. Bush are excellent, as well.

Hats off to Francine Maisler for her brilliant casting of lookalikes for many of the characters.

Of particular interest are the devious ways in which the Iraqi War was sold to the public through the use of focus groups.  Make sure to stay for the Credits as the there is a funny sequel to the focus groups during them.

 I give Vice a 4.2 out of 5.

No comments:

Post a Comment