Sunday, February 9, 2020

Judy








Director Rupert Goold’s Judy is a profoundly sad drama about the life of singer Judy Garland in the last year of her life, when she was trying to survive after being shunned due to her reputation for being irresponsible and not showing up.

Renée Zellweger deserves all the accolades and awards she has been receiving for her portrayal of this fallen icon. It's not only her acting, but her singing, as well.

Though Director Goold’s pacing sometimes falters, the final scene necessitates your bringing tissues.  I wondered why my glasses were wet until I realized there were tears falling down my cheeks.

Just be sure to schedule something fun after seeing the film, so you don’t spiral into depression.

I give Judy a 4 out of 5.

No comments:

Post a Comment