Sunday, November 24, 2019

A Beautiful Day In The Neighborhood




At some point, I think it’s a good thing to let go of the regrets one has. Perhaps that’s to give space for new ones.  Well, I must admit that I have a new regret.  That is missing the importance of Fred Roger’s neighborhood in my youth.  

I never saw an episode of Mr. Roger’s Neighborhood, I guess I misunderstood that it was just for little kids.  And so, I now owe a debt of gratitude to Director Marielle Heller for her absolutely wonderful must-see film A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood.

Like Frozen II, this is as much, if not moreso, a film for adults.

Based on a true story, Tom Hanks gives an unforgettably great performance as Fred Roger’s for which he must get an Academy Award Best Actor nomination. 

What’s more, Matthew Rhys gives a deserving Best Supporting Actor nomination as an angry magazine reporter, who is given the task of writing an article about Rogers.

The jaded reporter’s initial intention is to find the flaw in Rogers’ persona until, over the course of Co-Writers Micah Fitzerman-Blue and Noah Harpster’s brilliant script, his skepticism is…  Well, I don’t want to ruin what is better than you might presume it will be.

Just see this magical film and you’ll emerge a better person for it. I give A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood a 5 out of 5 and hope it will be nominated as a Best Film of the Year.

No comments:

Post a Comment